Along one’s life journey, there will definitely be ups and downs. There will be storms and difficult times. Have you wondered why this is so?
Basically, there are 5 reasons, which are:
1. To develop your character. When you are facing the most challenging time in your life, it is usually the best time to see your character. Do you give up easily? Or do you continue to bite your teeth and fight on like a warrior?
2. To test your faith. Usually prior to your success, you will face a lot of setbacks, and will start to lose confidence and faith. During this difficult time, it is the best time to test your faith, whether you believe that your success will be a reality in the near future.
3. To learn new things. Every setback results from a cause, and this is the best time to learn from your mistakes, correct them, and not to make the same mistakes again in the future.
4. To strengthen yourself. There is a quote which says “Things that do not kill you will only make you stronger”. After every setback, bounce back and be stronger.
5. To get out of comfort zone. Sometimes, when you are too comfortable in your work or journey to success, you will not improve, and tend to become complacent. Setbacks will only wake you up, and urge you to become hungrier for success.
Just remember, success is usually 1 step away. Work hard towards your goal now.
Or regret not even trying for the rest of your life.